The Grant Writer will write compelling grant applications that align with MMC’s mission and values.
This volunteer will directly contribute to Medical Mercy Canada’s impact on impoverished countries by exploring grant funding opportunities that will help sustain MMC’s projects. The position will report to the Executive Director and International Operations Committee. The Grant Writer will connect with country managers, research possible grant opportunities, and write clear and concise proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to government, foundations, and corporate sources
- Perform research to evaluate prospects for grants
- Collaborate with country managers to gain project information to ensure compatibility
- Initiate and maintain relationships with grantors
- If grants are awarded, work with the department or committee to prepare any
funding paperwork and administrative reports during the term of the funding
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Previous experience researching, writing, and submitting grant proposals is an
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet
- High proficiency in MS Office
This position requires a time commitment of one to six hours a week. To be successful in this position, the volunteer must possess a passion to change lives.
This position provides valuable experience for:
- Business, management, and communications students
- Individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector
- Anyone with a passion for working with people to create a better community and